Saturday, November 15, 2008

Phantom of Opera and Treasure Island

Tim who he is Taiwanese took a photo of me in front of the poster of Phantom of Opera.


It's in front of the theatre.

She,Chris, was in front of the Treasure Island's theatre to be taken a photo of her.

It's me.
I've been an incredible busy week because I saw a football match and two performances. I'm uploading some of their photos that I took them at the theatres of Phantom of Opera and Treasure Island. They are probably a good play and a good musical, but I was bored to tears. The problem is I've got discerning eye to estimate some performances because I saw many performances during I've been living in London. All of them that I've seen are really fabulous. I haven't ever seen any boring performances in London before I saw them.
The Phantom of Opera uses a special set like almost all another musicals, but, especially, I’m sure the set is the best one I've ever seen. Before I had seen it, I had curious how to express the plot because the plot of the book is really complicated to set on a small stage, but it was a stunning set as if it's a miracle! I couldn't complaint anything about the fabulous set, but I think of the music makes us bored because the rhythms of the music were exactly same from first leg of the musical to last leg of it. It doesn't mean the music of the musical was horrible. I just want to say they don't express very well the atmosphere in the music. The music would be better if they play various repertoires.
Anyway ,the other hand, Treasure Island is based on a book. The story was too simple, so we could read the story like a book. It is the worst play I've ever seen. I reckon it was actually not horrible for another people who they are proficient English as native speakers, but I couldn't understand it as well because the actors spoke too much. After it had been finished, I was worn out because I focused on all my though to hear it during I was watching it. The play was horrible, but it was really good to improve my English ability. How funny! -_-

0 comments: