Thursday, September 25, 2008

How do I get the Student Oystercard?

Before I arrived here, I hadn't known about the Oystercard that are two kinds of the Oystercard. I got many information to prepare going to London because it's my first abroad, but many books and many internet sites didn't explain well about that in details, so it made me confused. I'll explain for Korean people who they are preparing to go to London to study English about how to make the student Oystercard.
If you are a student and your ages is over 18 years old, you could ask receipt in your school how can to make the student Oystercard. They'll give you a form to make the student Oystercard.
Fill out the form, after then go to post office, and then you ask them that I want to make the student Oystercard. If you pay 5pounds, you could get the postal order to make the student Oystercard. Go back the receipt at your school after getting the postal order.
They'll write some number on your form when you bring the form with the postal order to them.
Your form is completed after finishing that. Send the form with the postal order to the Oystercard office. Don't forget sending both the postal order and the form.
After then wait a week or two weeks.
It's quite easy, but if you don't know how to make the student Oystercard, it would be much difficult.
By the way, the Oystercard has two methods to pay money.
One is 'pay as you go'. The other one is 'travel card'. If you get the student Oystercard, the monthly travel card is absolutely cheaper than the pay as you go.
I think it's very important thing to students in London, but many books and many online sites don't explain about this well so many Korean use just normal Oystercard.
The student Oystercard is cheaper by 30% than the normal Oystercard.
If someone goes to London to study English, I will absolutely recommend about that.

0 comments: